Friday, March 15, 2013

still waiting for spring

 I'm tired.  I'm happy it's Friday, looking forward to a hectic weekend.  This week was our last MSA testing week.  That was exhausting.  On Wednesday I was assigned 6 lunch duties.  In one day. Man oh man, that was a tough day. 
Thursday I didn't work.  We had our stake round table and youth conference meeting that night and I needed to prepare.  The meetings went really well.  I think youth conference will be amazing and the round table meeting went well.  We had 5 wards represented for the young women, which is not amazingly good but it's not awful.  Those who came I think were really encouraged and uplifted.  Which is the point. 
I got home from that quite late, the drive home went quickly because I got to enjoy a  nice long chat with Sierra but still it was a late night, then I was cold in the night and didn't want to get up to get an extra blanket and didn't sleep great.  I am looking forward to sleeping tonight.

This weekend we have Eric and Chelsea staying with us.  The kids are really excited.  Jeffers is staying tonight and then going to the Marsh's for the rest of the weekend.  The four younger kids played cards for hours.  Now E2 is walking around the pond throwing rocks into the water.  Chelsea has a baby sitting job, and Ethan has a soccer game tonight.  I will take Eric with me and leave Jeffrey and Lu with Hannah.  It should work out great that way.
R is finally on his big fishing trip.  Today Pete and Sam caught a fish each.  I hope R gets one tomorrow.  I talked to him tonight and he's tired, lots of hiking involved but I think they are having a good time.  Anyway it's good to have time away, doing a hobby, connecting with friends, recharging.  I hope his weekend will do that for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment