Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday

 Finally a big one!! Yay!
 This morning I made a St Patty's day skirt for Lu to wear tomorrow.  She chose the fabric a few weeks ago but I hadn't found the time to make it yet.  It came together pretty quickly so now I want to make more!
 This morning was the last chess day.  Ethan did well.  He ended up placing 3rd in the 6 week tournament.  This is his schools team.  Pretty cute little chess players!
Hannah and Chelsea went to Julia's house to play werewolf.  Julia and Maria made the coolest, scary werewolf cupcakes!



Last night was our last indoor game(s).  Ethan played keeper the whole first game against Rampage and he did awesome.  It was pretty intense.  I kept R in the loop with a blow by blow text.  Here's what I told him:
stopped one
another stopped
Rampage scores
Stops one
E catches one on the ground
another from the ground
He's on his game
stops another
one more
sadly Gerig isn't getting much action (the other keeper)
Awesomest save ever (he jumped in the air, finger tipped it out of the goal)
Another excellent save
Save against Zach (his super talented friend)
First half over
Second half
I thought Brian was going to keep but it's Bub again
Save
Score 3-1
Save
Freedom winning
E slid into the ball for a save, hopped up caught it again and then a third time
Rampage score
Rampage ties it up
Blocked two then let one in
Ramp up
Diving save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Freedom ties it up
kicks it out of the goal
Defended against Z
Save
Collision in the goal on the other side, Dave (the coach) ran out on field yelling
PK
End game
Tie

Whew!

We won the second game 7-0.  Not as exciting but still fun.

I bought a new vacuum, it doesn't suck...which is the one thing you do want a vacuum to do.  Hannah broker ours a few days ago vacuuming up the abyss of her room.  My dream is to have 3 vacuums, one for each level.  So far I have, um, one, sort of.

Yesterday Ethan told me he has a bucket list.  He wants to jump off the grand canyon.  He wants to knock over a port a potty.  He wants to spend a million dollars in one day.  It's a good list.

Tonight we have our neighborhood flashlight Easter egg hunt.  Ethan doesn't want to go.  He's getting too big.

 Exciting news, Jenna got a summer job in Moab.  She's going to be a river guide.  I hope it's like the above picture but I have a feeling it's more like the bottom one.  Looks scary to me! She has always been an adventurer so I am super excited for her.  She applied for several fun summer jobs so is waiting to hear of her options before saying yes.  I think a trip to Moab might be in order! Clayton will be in Ohio for the summer doing an internship with Goodyear.  It's a great opportunity for him.  I think it will be a hard summer for them to be apart during but the time will go quickly and if it's meant to be they will last.  I am glad they are not rushing into a wedding that they weren't quite ready for.
The weather is beautiful today! Yay! Last night we noticed that some daffodils in our garden were blooming. 

Dinner tonight: kielbasa pasta bake that Colleen sent over.  Yumm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment