Friday, February 1, 2013

where's the sun?

Friday is  like a big sigh of relief.  No 5:45 wake up tomorrow.  No endless hours with the little cuties at school who require a lot of patience.  No walking the dogs in the dark.  Of course this weekend will be too busy.  Like every weekend.  It's okay.  I love the busy.  Tonight though I am loving the quiet. 

 Deo and Penny are playing together this weekend at their first cousin play date.  How cute are they??!
 
Today was the good citizen assembly.  Lu was awarded the good citizenship award for her class this month.  It was also Raven's day.  Our school all dressed in purple and had lots of purple decorations.  This weekend the Ravens are playing in the superbowl.  Now, I actually don't care, and won't watch the game, but it's still fun to root for the home team, and some of the staff and kids are super into it, which is fun too.


Ethan played soccer tonight.  They brought their A game.  It was very exciting.  Watching these boys play is more exciting than a pro game. They are so into it. And they are really good. 

Randomly, Adam Braverman, of Parenthood, yes a TV show, is the best husband ever.  I <3 him.  Of course it's probably pretty easy to be a good TV husband.  No laundry or anything to step over, no kids to disagree about, no bills to pay...you know all that.  The other morning I was talking with a couple of the teachers before school, one of them had just got back from a long weekend trip with her girl friends to Vegas and her husband watched their boys.  So she was grateful but the house was a disaster when she came home, and she was tired, (terrible turbulence on the flight home that got her back 8 hours late {which is one reason I don't love to fly...not that that's ever happened to me but you know it could and although by definition any flight that ends with passengers alive on the ground is a good one you know, the misery is yuck!} ) and so she was complaining through her gratitude.  We were all commiserating with her, because apparently all husbands keep the kids alive but the dishes, not so much.  Which can be frustrating.  Then I wondered what do all husbands complain about?

Speaking of complaining, I have a small one.  So working every day just really just cuts into my cleaning, visiting teaching, thinking about exercising or crafting, laying around watching TV time.  So tonight I am watching TV, on the couch, the boys are still at soccer (it's 10pm if you are interested) the girls are sleeping and the house...disaster.  And I don't want to clean it.  Not one little bit.  I thought I'd clean it tonight and have tomorrow for fun but I guess we are cleaning tomorrow.  And by we I mostly mean me. 

It is very cold outside.  It's very very cold.  Tomorrow is groundhog day, will he see his shadow?  One of the teachers is from Punxsutawney PA and every year her mom makes groundhog cookies for everyone.  So I got one today, and it was cute and tasty.  And I hope Phil does not see his shadow tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment