Thursday, January 31, 2013

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried

Tonight I went to New Beginnings.  It was a bit like groundhogs day since I also went the night before :)  Different ward, different program.  Both were awesome.  R met us on the way up and picked up Lu and brought her home and put her to bed. 

So we got home and R was out on the deck, wearing his underwear and a coat and his crocs, and a headlamp on his head, and he was practicing casting off the deck with his new reel or something.  The funny part was the kids didn't even bat an eye.  I said "where's dad" and they said "on the deck in his underwear" and we all went "Oh".  For the record that's the first time he's been outside practicing fishing or in his underwear but for some reason no one thought that was particularly odd.

Last night after NB we stopped at Old Navy.  I wanted to get some leggings for Lu.  She has an aversion to clothes that are "itchy".  As a result most of her clothes have been deemed unacceptable by her and she looks pretty scrappy on a regular basis.  I thought some leggings might help the situation. Or therapy (for me)...but leggings are cheaper.  Anyway we went in and they were having a sale. Ethan found something he wanted and Hannah, no surprise, found things she wanted, and I, big surprise, found something things I wanted.  So I bought.  Val told me to buy colored pants.  She said they look good on every body and she got some herself.  There was a cute pair on sale for $8.  So I hesitantly bought them.  I even held them up in the check out (the place was empty save us) and said "am I going to hate these once I get them home?"  Hannah and the clerk assured me that I would not.  Ethan said "yes! I hate them already!"
 I bought them but now I have a problem.  It looks like I am wearing an "outfit" when I put them on.  A cute one but still clearly an outfit and so how often can I wear it??  I hate dressing myself.

lastly after work today I have a mammogram, which I don't mind I've had one before but I can't wear perfume or deodorant today.  That will be stressful.

Other news, sea shell number three has been cast as chef, and a sea creature.  The play should be fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly you can probably wear those pants with more things than you can think. Ask Hannah she'll probably put the strangest combination together and you'll think, "No way." But then you'll get compliments and you'll think how is it that my 13 year old is dressing me. CRAZY! I want to see a picture!

    ReplyDelete