Sunday, February 10, 2013

weekend recap

congo line
 What a long weekend, I need to go back to work to relax!  Friday night Ethan had a soccer game.  Hannah had to decorate for the young women fundraiser dinner Saturday night and I had a baby shower to go to.  I actually didn't feel (cold) well so I stayed home, put Lu to bed and watched TV on the couch for about 15 minutes before I fell asleep :)  Ethan's team won and Han went to decorate with the Streeters.
Chelsea and Hannah busy working
Saturday we had a blue and gold banquet, a chess tournament, Ellie's heartaversary party, grocery shopping and the fund raiser.  Too much to go to, clearly.  Ethan chose chess over banquet.  We still helped with decorations, since that was our assignment but didn't go.  He is starting a 6 week chess season.  First day went well.  He won 2, tied 1 and lost 1.  Ellie, who was born last year with her arteries transposed and who had open heart surgery when she was less than a week old had a party which we would not miss.  It was really cute.  Her mom and grandma made all this delish heart shaped food, and they had a heart cake and lots of people wore heart stuff, Ellie herself had a darling outfit on.  We were very lucky, Grace won the best heart dressed kid prize, Hannah won the guess how many heart shaped marshmallows are in the jar game, and I won the random heart sticker on the bottom of the dessert plate game :)  Sarah and Tony are awesome parents and were so brave and faithfull.  I was very happy to celebrate with them!  After Chess R and E went to the phone store and got iphones for me and hubby.  It's pretty amazing I have to admit, although I have no idea of more than a fraction of what it does.  I did say to it last night, with my voice, set the alarm for tomorrow at 6, and it answered me, alarm set, and it worked.  And I can facetime on the go...which I have yet to do but I am anxious to try it. Can't wait to talk to my Tate and Pen. The girls and I went shopping.  Groceries and Charming Charlie, one fun, one not so much.

In the evening we all went to the fundraiser.  The dinner and dancing were fun fun fun and the decorations were so cute.  We won pet sitting and sausage at the silent auction and hopefully Han earned a good portion of her needed camp money.  Grace went to the baby sitting room and played with Arden.  Ethan and Nick played by running around.  They invented a "great game" where they stood in the little breezeway between to the two sets of glass doors and threw a soccer ball as hard as they could against the wall trying to get it to ricochet off the wall and hit the other one.  They were pretty successful and thought it was really fun.  Whatevah. 

Today was a long meeting day for me.  I had two ward conferences to go which meant I started meetings at 7:30 and went until 4pm.  Tonight we have a youth conference meeting but thankfully it it a video meeting.  I really enjoyed Sister Davis lesson to the young women in the LP ward.  It was very spiritual and uplifting.  The whole day was good, kind of long though.  February is a long, meeting full month with 9 ward conferences and 9 new beginnings and the PLDD and a camp meeting and a YCL meeting.  It think it's the craziest month of the year for us.  I don't know how our stake presidency does it, I think they keep up this kind of schedule all the time.  I am very grateful for dedicated Priesthood leadership who selflessly serve and lead.  I am also grateful to be able to give my time and talents to serve.  When I got home I was very happy to have a yummy spaghetti dinner with my family, which R prepared.  I am really enjoying meeting with the different wards and knowing many different people around the stake and the girls of course are so much fun every where we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment