Tuesday, February 12, 2013

hair cuts

Yesterday was a good day.  Right now I am doing a long term sub.  I do classroom inclusion support for kids with IEPs.  I really enjoy working with the kids.  Yesterday, one little boy, who is really the saddest little guy and who  likes to hide under his hoodie or in a work carousel, talked and smiled with me.  That was a first and I was very happy about it.  Elementary age kids really are so sweet.  My days are full of lots of hugs and silly jokes.  Because it is a sacrifice to be out of the home every day, and it makes our evenings hectic, which I don't like, I really try to make the time I spend at work meaningful.  I try to see these children, the ones I specifically work with that have extra needs, and the ones who are doing great, as the Savior would.  I really try to be kind and gentle and to serve them well.  One really great thing about subbing is that it is so flexible and when I need to be home it's no big deal.  :)  Last week for example I was home 3 days when Lucy was sick.  This week I am working 3 days and then Thursday and Friday I am off so I can get ready for the dance.  I am excited for that.  I am grateful for the ability to work when I want and be home when I need.
So when I got home I gathered the children and we went to get haircuts.  The girls and I did, Ethan brought his ipod and played games.  Hannah needed her shark attack evened out.  I think she looks so different!  It turned out really cute.  Grace and I got our usuals.  After we went to eat, then stopped by our favorite pet store.  It is a fancy fancy pet place.  We needed to refill our puppy snack jar and pick up some chewys.  To illustrate our ridiculousness the clerk asked where Z was.  She remembered her from past visits :) 
Then we came home.  Ahh home.  I really love it here :)  I had some camp/dance stuff to do.  E had some homework.  Han had some hair business.  When I put Lu to bed if it's before we get to family scripture study she and I read the Old Testament.  We are reading about David right now.  Last night she was commenting that there sure is a lot of killing in the scriptures.  We talked about how that was a warning to us.  When people follow God they are peaceful, when they follow Satan the opposite is true.  That's a good way to judge your own heart, are you being peaceful and treating others kindly?  Then you are probably following Him.  Are you fighting with those around you, and feeling a war raging in your heart?  That is an invitation to look at yourself and make a course correction.  We had a nice chat.  I am grateful for bedside chats, they are one of the sweetest times.  She is just enough younger than the others that her scheudle is still really different.  She goes to bed early always and needs a good 10 or 11 hours of sleep.  I prefer to have her read with the family (where we are in Alma) but we have to be flexible around here.  F.L.E.X.I.B.L.E
 
Lastly sweet Little Penny is 5 months old now!  She's so stinkin cute!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are as busy as ever. Hope life is good for you.

    And my goodness, how can that little one already be 5 months old??? And cute she is!!!!

    ReplyDelete