Thursday, September 15, 2011

thoughts on a thursday evening

I am no scriptorian, nor do I pretend to understand the words of Isaiah, or even to read them very often.  Today I was reading though and found them comforting and sweet.  They brought peace to my heart and I was grateful.

I remember years ago walking with my friend Krista and we were pushing our strollers and talking about life and the universe and whatnot.  She told me one verse that always scared her was the one in Matthew 24, where it says "wo unto them that are with child or who give suck..." and we talked about the last days, of the signs of His coming, and the question "were we prepared?"  I have always wanted to be prepared but have felt somewhat wary about my own readiness and ability to stay strong. 

Then today I read in Isaiah 40

10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his aarm shall rule for him: behold, his breward is with him, and his work before him.
11 He shall feed his aflock like a bshepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

31  But they that await upon the Lord shall brenew their cstrength; they shall mount up with wings as deagles; they shall erun, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

What a beautiful peaceful promise.

There is such a sharp contrast between the consequences that will befall the wicked and the reward promised those who follow Him.  Choose wisely which side you want to be on.

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah is hard to understand but, that is definitely a beautiful promise!

    ReplyDelete