Monday, September 26, 2011

i heart where i live

This morning I got to take dinner to the Devries, who just had baby Cameron.  Rachel made Italian Delight and I made the accessories, I wanted to drop it off early because afternoons are crazy.  On the way there I saw a sign for "seahorse beach".  I don't often get to that side of the bridge so I couldn't pass up the chance to take a look.  It was a short drive past a cute lakeside beach, a deer grazing in the forest, a log with no less than a dozen turtles sunbathing, a cheerful blue door, lots of fallen trees (thanks to Irene), and a pleasant winding road to the beach.  It was peaceful.  One lady was there sitting and reading.  Lots of seagulls were there.  I stood on the sand and looked out over the water enjoying the sound of waves rolling in and thinking.  I enjoyed a peaceful reprieve that felt like 5 minutes but was actually 30. 

I am worried about:
a) Sierra.  My sweet sweet Christmas baby. I miss her.  I hope she's happy.  I want her roommates to be so nice to her and I don't think they are.  She's doing great in school and Grandma says she is so nice and pretty and spends time with her and Andrea, which I am glad about but I think she's lonely and I want her to make lots of great friends and to be happy.
b) Romania,Dracula land. 
c) my girls 
d) $$  never enough
e) why am i such a bad dieter
f) Lucy ballerina's stitches (which are healing nicely but you know I'm the mom)
g) R's stress at work
h) our basement...when is it going to be finished?  it's driving me craZy
i) my girls
j) Sie
k) erra
l) why can't I make a fluffy delicious cinnamon roll?
m) how am I going to paint the top floor of my entry...white walls ~ ewh!
n) that's it....not even a whole alphabet's worth

1 comment:

  1. I love the beach and wish I was close to one--oh well ; ) Enjoy.

    Sorry about the roommates. It can be tough--girls have such a harder time than guys who don't seem to care.

    Always lots to worry about, eh ; ) Hang in there.

    And I wouldn't worry about the cinnamon rolls--whenever you write about all the things you cook, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete