Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sunday

A week or so ago Hannah and Sawyer played in the snow with their friends Susie and Spencer Thacker. They were all friends in CA and after S3 served missions they came home, married, are going to the Y and now they are couple friends!

School is going well for our newlyweds. Hannah got a job on the school paper, and another one working for a birth photographer. She is very excited about both. They ❤️their cute little apartment and many classes. I’m happy to hear good news from them as they navigate college , broken cell phones, making time for friends and each other. 
I love these fun snow day pictures!!
Last month my sister, Andrea, got diagnosed with endometrial cancer. We were so sad and so surprised. Yoho had his fight with cancer just 3 years ago and surely that is enough for any family. They have faced this challenge with characteristic good cheer and optimism. I am sure there have been private moments of despair and heartache but they are a good team and seem to face the hard parts of life with each other’s back.  As a family we are praying and hoping for the best, quickest, easiest route to full health. Mom and Dad are in Arizona with them helping out with the boys and chores and whatever needs done. 

Today was our ward conference. It was good. Brad sang a beautiful song and the bishop and Pres Basserios spoke. I thought the whole thing was really good.
Small world story. I was sitting in the pew with Grace and Rob. Ethan was taking care of the sacrament. Next to me sat a couple who is here for a few weeks escaping the cold from Kentucky. They sat with us last week too and are very nice. I was chatting with them until the meeting started then I turned forward to sing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another older couple walk in and they sat down at the end of the pew. As I looked over I saw that it was my friend from MD Jacque Munns and her husband Roger! I couldn’t believe it!!! We looked at each other in shock! 
As soon as the meeting was over we hopped up and shared a big, happy hug! They will be in Orlando for a month so we will get together for lunch soon! 
Right after church I texted Tara and Becky to tell them! 
I love that the gospel keeps us close even when the miles keep us far apart!




No comments:

Post a Comment