Friday, January 11, 2019

More music

During the kids morning rehearsal the parents walked the riverwalk. We checked out the concert venue, watched some rowing teams and enjoyed the pleasant weather and sun rippling on the water. 

We had lunch with the kids then went to watch their afternoon rehearsal. They are really good! I’m excited for the concert.

Poor Grace has been having a lot of pain and dizziness so that’s been a bummer. She’s been a real trooper though and has just kept plugging away.



Candida, me and Lorelle.

After the rehearsal we rode the trolley to the end of the line and went to a Spanish restaurant called “Columbia” Its the oldest Spanish restaurant in the US, it’s been called one of Florida’s top 25 restaurants and it is huge and so pretty. The food was good. We had a lot of fun. They have flamenco dancers there and I had the best flan of my life. Seriously so delicious.



Then we rode the trolley back and went “home”. Mrs Lynch (the kids school choir director) went to dinner with us too.

It’s been an interesting couple of days for me. First of all I have never seen the behind the scenes of how a choir worked and that has been so fun to watch. I can’t sing and had no idea the kind of work that goes into making a beautiful choir.

Secondly I just met the other parents yesterday and we spent basically all of the last two days together. Everyone has gotten along really well and we’ve had a good time but I don’t think I’ve ever been in a social situation quite like that. I like getting to know new people so that’s good:) 
Candy is from Mumbai. She has two kids and is a stay at home mom. She’s a little bit tiger mom-ish (in the best way) and very kind. Lorelle and Jason are from Puerto Rico. Ayanna is their only child. They met when he was a musician and she a tango/flamenco dancer on the island. Now she’s a physical therapist and he is in production. They are very loving towards each other and very nice to everyone. It’s been really fun to wander the town with them and to watch the kids learn and have fun!

I over use that word : fun. I use it all the time to mean pleasant, pleasing, entertaining (sometimes), positive and joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment