Saturday, January 12, 2019

Concert, car, cat

Grace and I got up quite early and did some emergency pants hemming. We stopped by Walmart for a quick breakfast and then she was at the venue.

I walked around the river walk one last time. It was very pretty early in the morning but not quite and peaceful. There were lots of walkers and runners and dogs with their humans, lots of rowers on the water and people meeting for breakfast at riverside cafes. I walked 3 miles round trip and went back to stand in line.

Ethan and Rob drove up for the concert. They didn’t come Friday because Ethan had two soccer games that night. I was sad to miss them but they won both and he said it was fun. 
The performance was wonderful!! I can’t even say what an awesome, amazing job they did. Rob had tears in his eyes the whole time. It was fantastic. I guess we’ll have to buy the DVD and feel grateful that Ethan plays xbox because that is the only dvd playing plaform in our house!

We stopped for lunch on the way home and then Rob’s car had car trouble. So that was an $$$ and time intensive detour to our day. Everyone felt grouchy but in the end it was fixed and I am grateful we could get it taken care of quickly and safely.

The cat missed Grace and she missed him. We came home and needed to do some grocery shopping and some house cleaning. 

Besides the car problems the whole experience was wonderful. And exhausting. We were up early, out late and walked miles and miles every day. The kids sang for hours and hours. It was well worth it.

Tonight Ethan went to the Roddy’s to watch a football game and Grace and I got her birthday invites ready. I meant to go to bed early... but it’s too late for that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment