Saturday, April 28, 2018

well,

fry
Grace has 3 aquariums in her room.  From time to time the fish multiply.  Tonight is one of those times.  Babies are popping out.  So far there are around 20.  Oddly many of the babies that have been born in the "snack bar" (that's what I call Grace's room because the family predators walk in there and lick their lips and stalk the tanks and cages hoping for a tasty morsel) have been devoured by their own mothers.  I don't know why but it's very upsetting.  The guinea pig massacre of '17 was particularly traumatic.  So Grace keeps watch, separates the babies, and has a nursery tank.  Crazy girl!

dessert
Rob and I went on a date this weekend.  I guess we actually went on two.  Last night the Chonis' had a bishopric pizza party and we were invited.  The kids were too but they declined so we went on our own and had a very fun time.  They have a fun backyard pizza oven.  We got to visit and play games and enjoy good food and company.  

Tonight we were going to go out for wings...Ethan had been asking all week.  When it was time to go Grace said "no thanks" and Ethan said he wanted them delivered not eaten out.  So we left the kids to forage for cereal and went to Yardhouse.  In other Ethan news he scored a 5 on his practice AP Calc test so hopefully that is an indication of how he'll do on the actual test.

This morning I went to a stake YW meeting.  It was at Kara's house and it was an appreciation breakfast.  It was super nice.  I really love our stake YW presidency.  They are awesome!

Zivers went to the spa.  It was long over due.

first walk
Dani is in Ohio visiting.  I am 100% confident that both sets of sisters (the grown ones and the baby ones) are delighted and having a wonderful visit.

sleeping girls

scripture reading
Each night we gather together, usually on my bed, and we read and discuss the scriptures.  We all have them on our phones but I personally prefer to use a book.  These are sweet and precious times.  I am so grateful that we have the Word of the Lord to guide our days and bring meaning to our lives.

Also on Friday I had my demo lesson. It was 6th grade math and I taught mean, median and mode. Mini starbursts were involved, which the kids adored. So now we wait and see if I get my own classroom next year or not. 

Also also on Friday Nellie and I went out to lunch. Both our daughters got married on the same day so we had lots of wedding notes to compare:)

And also lastly Rob and I watched all of the first season of the new “lost in space” on Netflix. We both liked it and were sad that season 2 has not been started yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment