Thursday, November 2, 2017


We had a gratitude night last night for YW. One of the things we did was make these cute little trees. This is Grace’s. We only had a few girls but it was still fun. 

Grace got to bring home a bassoon and an oboe to try out. Her band director thinks she is very talented and is encouraging her to learn more instruments. She was able to get a sound right away even though they both use double reeds and the clarinet is only a single reed.

I took down all our Halloween things and put up the Thanksgiving decor. I also started Christmas shopping. When I pick up Ethan we always do a little “how was your day/how was your day”, I told him I started Christmas shopping and he said did you buy stuff for Tatum and Penny? I said yes how did you know? And he said cuz the grandkids are the only people you would be excited to shop for.  Silly boy. I am always excited to buy more soccer balls!
I ended the evening with a visiting teaching appointment at Starbucks where we sat for two hours and talked about life. It was a great visit and much needed friendship building night. 

BTW: this is Hannah’s roommate Madi’s mom:)


A little gratitude for today: 
Brother Mackenzie. He’s the seminary principal and every morning he stands outside and welcomes each youth and gives them a big hug. I love that he does that. He’s a super nice grandpa age guy.

Carol at the shipping place. She’s always so friendly and we are like weird friends now and catch up on our lives and kids whenever I drop something off.

No comments:

Post a Comment