Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving

just the four of us
Today is turkey day.  We often have an odd holiday, living far from family and having grown kids, and moving around, and sharing custody when the big girls were small, all make for kind of make shift holidays from time to time.  One thing I have had to learn is to be happy for who I'm with.  To enjoy the present and not wish it was different.

hanging lights
This morning we got the lights up, by we I mainly mean Rob although Ethan and I helped a little at the end.  I love Christmas lights and am always happy to see them go up.


waiting for dinner
We also finished the inside decorating.  Our halls are decked.  Yesterday I couldn't find the owl ornaments.  I searched every where and was super bummed.  Then this morning, on mine and Ethan's 3rd time in the loft, we found them!  Yay!  I love my little owl tree.
owl tree
The weather is pretty nice so I thought we could go to the beach and then in-and-out.  The kids voted for a traditional dinner though so that's what we did.  Although we did make a simplified menu.  We had turkey, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, lime jello with bananas, corn bread & honey butter, olives, cranberry sauce, pickles and apple pie with ice cream.  Everyone ate until they were stuffed and everything came out delicious.
table's ready
Clayna and Abba ran their traditional turkey trot, although they only did the one mile course this year instead of the 5 and Jenna still had to take a nap after.  Making twins is a lot of work!  When we talked with them we learned that Jess is also expecting!  That's such fun news!
Ohio contingent
The Utahans also ran a pilgrim run.  Theirs was a 5K and they had a lot of fun!
two little pilgrims
We got to chat with them too.  How nice that we have technology and can keep in touch and virtually be there.
Utah gang
I have lots to be grateful for on this holiday of gratitude. Jesus Christ, health, home, family, faith, friends, tech, my cute dog, callings, jobs, sunny weather, and many more things.
Sierra, Reggie and Dani (cousins)
Gus Gus got the pies

No comments:

Post a Comment