Thursday, November 30, 2017

art

my Japanese landscape
I subbed 7th grade today.  I had some English classes and some social studies classes.  In social studies the kids had the choice between making a 1 page on Shintoism or Buddhism or they got to make a piece of Japanese art.  So they were allowed to use their chrome books to research or look for inspiration.  Sadly when you google Japanese art the things that pop up are shockingly inappropriate.  I was super sad to see that.  We solved it be searching for very specific stuff like landscapes, or samurai or dragons and I had to walk around and look at each kids search. They were still able to do their work but how sad that such an innocent search would lead to pictures kids shouldn't see.

While they were drawing I also tried my hand at a picture.  It was a fun way to spend the class time.

Tonight we had our annual stake auxiliary training.  We have a new stake YW president and she did such a good job.  I really felt like I left with some good ideas.  She did this really fun puzzle thing to introduce the new theme.  She made a puzzle and talked about each part and gave us a little handout after each section.  I totally memorized the whole thing right there.

I'm totally doing this for the girls in January!
elf-con 0
Now we are tucked into bed and watching Santa Clause 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment