Thursday, August 17, 2017

temple marriage

 last night for YW we had an activity about temple marriage.  Ramona, owner/operator of Sweet Brittle Baking Co & fabulous beehive advisor, made us a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake.

For decorations we (the leaders) had photos from our weddings, we invited 3 newlywed couples to come talk to the girls and they also brought their photos.  Sister Tilden had her great grandmother's handmade wedding dress to display.

Our handout was a mirror with vinyl stick-ons of a temple with the words "See yourself in the temple" and also a pretty ring and ribbon.
 The first thing we did was play some games.  We had a bunch of Disney love songs and their movies to match up. Sister Sweeney won that one!  She knew them all!

Then the girls divided into teams.  Each team got a bride and 3 rolls of TP.  They had 7 minutes to make a paper wedding gown.  Sara Swenson's team won with their modern, fitted design.  It was a lot of fun to watch.

Lastly the girls were given a tube of lipstick and using only their mouths they had to draw a temple.  Charlotte won and her temple looked amazing! A lot of the girls did surprisingly well with that task.
 After the games we gathered and read a couple of paragraphs about what marriage is, then we had our panel discussion.
The couples did a great job and I think the girls really enjoyed it and could relate to them, more importantly I think they heard some really great advice.
We ended with cake and some time to visit.  I was happy with how everything went and consider it a success!

One of the temple drawings.

Today was my first day subbing for the new school year.  I was supposed to be a rover but when I got there I found out I was assigned to PE.  It was me and another sub.  She was great, very energetic and fun.  Very talkative. We had a good day.  PE is generally easy.  It was all outside though and it was SUPER hot so I came home so sweaty and a little sunburned.  I would have dressed differently if I had known. I hopped in the shower and changed first thing after school, even before I picked up E from high school.

So this picture doesn't really have anything to do with anything except it's our cute Sierra, making a face her dad always did when he was sitting on a rock.  Her new hobby is rock climbing so she lives in the perfect place for that and is having a lot of fun with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment