Thursday, August 31, 2017

football and birthdays and cookies

I spent the day making cookies for Tatum's baptism.  She is getting baptized on Saturday morning, her cousin Carson is also getting baptized.  It will be a special day.  Tomorrow after 2nd period, both the kids have math 2nd period and we hate to miss that, we are going to drive to Utah for the weekend.  I am really looking forward to it.  Hannah and her roommate Emma are already there.  They took the BYU bus.  Jenna and Clayton are there too.  Clayton's friend happens to have a wedding tomorrow so the timing worked out great and they could fly out for the wedding and be there for the baptism and Dani's birthday party.
This type of cookies take me a long time...and they look cute but not professional.  They are fun to make if you are baking with a partner.  In this case my partner was the "Great British Bake-Off", newly recommend to me by Dani for netflixing purposes. They do taste good though so that's a win.

Last night we had a fun YW night.  It was a 5th Wednesday and we always work on personal progress on a 5th week.  Our personal progress sister recently moved so we had to come up with something ourselves.  I found a fun idea on pinterest to do 8 experiences in one night.  Most of our Laurels and Mia Maids already have earned their medallions so it's basically Beehives that need to do to the work.  I asked the older girls to each prepare an experience that they could work on with a younger girl.  Rachel, Audrey and I did too.  Then I bought 8 kinds of candy/treats and we set up 8 tables with a leader/older girl & a treat at each one. Then the Beehives went around to the different stations and started and sometimes finished or sometimes went home with just a bit more to do.  All of the girls visited all 8 stations and I felt like we got a lot done.  Hopefully it was fun.  We have one more 5th Wednesday this year so we will have to come up with something again, unless we get a leader called.

I haven't heard back from my interview.  I was really hopeful but I kind of think I was not chosen.  I guess I'll just keep applying!

Today Rob went back to the shelter to try and rescue Steve back.  It turned out that he was adopted the first day he was there.  I hope he will work out great for the new family.  It's awful to give a pet away. Seriously I can't deal with it.

Hannah is almost done with her summer term.  She has 2 A's and has enjoyed her weeks in Idaho.  Next weekend is move in weekend for all the new fall freshmen, which she is one as well.  She will move apartments to a different building (I wish I was there to help because that will be a lot of work),  and Kenz and Madi will be there as well as her new roommates.  I think it will be a lot busier and crazier.  She's up for the task. She is taking 6 classes and I am excited to hear about them.  She has loved her religion class and is actually talking about majoring in theology.  I don't think that's practical ~future career wise, but she could minor in it.  Sawyer broke up with her this week.  She is sad but taking it well.  I feel bad for her, of course, but really I feel like this is a great move.  Sawyer needs to really focus on being an awesome missionary and not be distracted by Hannah.  Likewise I am happy that Hannah is now emotionally free to pursue her own passions and interests.  She is sad but handling it really well.  I am excited to see her tomorrow and give her a big hug.

Today is Dani's birthday.  30! Wow!  She's having a big party on Saturday night, which will be really fun.  She is an awesome awesome woman.  I think I've written about her every birthday since I began blogging but honest it's so easy to do.  I am so proud of the woman she has become.  She is the best big sister ever.  A sweet and loving mom and wife.  The best daughter.  She's so fun and smart and hard working.  I LOVE that girl!! and feel so blessed to be her mom.

Today is the first football game of the season.  Ohio State Vs Indiana.  Rob is off watching it with friends from work.  We are watching here.  By "we" I mean mainly E while Grace and I do whatever but I am paying some attention to the game.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great weekend coming up. The cookies look amazing and delicious. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family. Safe travels this weekend. Enjoy these wonderful family times!

    ReplyDelete