Thursday, March 30, 2017

feels like Friday

I think I have driven 5000 miles in the last few days.  
Grace and I went to San Diego yesterday for a quick visit with Anna and the boys.  Even though we live 2 1/2 hours apart we hardly see each other.  Everyone is too busy.

Last time we were going to go we ended up cancelling at the last minute..I don't remember why.  This time I almost did because we are down a car.  When I made our plans Hannah was going to be able to take Ethan and herself everywhere they needed to go.  Despite this hiccup I decided to go ahead and I am glad I did.  We had a very fun visit. 
Yesterday we went to the beach.  It was perfect.  Sunny, warm.  The kids played and explored.  We sat and talked.  Kept everyone alive, which is no easy task with Deo!  He's a busy crazy boy.

 We ate at a triple D diner then went home and watched Kubo. Amadeo just graduated from BYU pathways! So proud of him!
 I love the beach.  It's so relaxing and beautiful. The kids found crabs and we watched birds.
 Today we went to the zoo.
 The San Diego Zoo is one of my favorites.  They have such nice habitats and the animals are so fun to see. We fed the giraffes and watched the hippos swim, and got to see the gorillas being fed and rode the death buckets across the top of the zoo.
 Despite his best efforts we also didn't lose Deo today:)
I sure love those nephews of mine.  Joneaux is smart as a whip, he's also really nice and a good big brother.  Deo is energetic and funny and has the cutest big blue eyes.  
 When we left the zoo we said our goodbyes, with promises to see each other soon, and Grace and I took a "short detour" to pick up her new bird.  A cockatiel.  It ended up being 5 hrs to home between traffic, a gas stop, and the bird pick up.  She named him Nigel.  I will get a picture tomorrow.  Now I'm too tired.  Good times though.






No comments:

Post a Comment