Friday, March 17, 2017

Beauty and the Beast

 Right after school today, we had an early out day too, we went to the movies to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie.  Brynn and Audrey came with us and we all loved it.  Belle is my favorite princess and I loved this version.  It stayed very true to the animated Disney with some more details and added scenes.  It was great! I had heard some controversial reviews regarding some same sex attraction scenes and I don't want to take Penny and Tatum next week without a preview.  So I previewed and will definitely take them. Some parts might be scary for Penn so I'll have to check with Dani on that but the rest of the stuff was fine.
Yesterday I had a job interview.  I've been looking for something besides subbing but my criteria is hard to meet.  I'd really love to only work while the kids are in school, although I am willing to work some while they are home...it just needs to have some flexibility.  Also it appears I am not very hireable since I actually have looked a lot thru the years and applied some.  Anyway I applied for a security clearance investigator position and they called and had me take a test a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday was a phone interview.  The next step is a video interview.  I thought the interview went well, and the interviewer indicated that I should expect a 2nd interview.  So the job would be pretty interesting but it requires travel.  Up to 16 weeks out of the year.  All parts of that seem appealing except leaving the kids, who are still 12 and 14, alone.  That's not going to work for our family.  Back to the drawing board.

In other job news things are going well for Rob and lots of interesting opportunities seem to be opening up.  Which is great.  He already has his dream job and loves the stuff he is working on but there is always something new to tackle and he's looking to promote so we will see. If things go like we think they will he will soon have some neat new things to work on ...and we will be stuck in the AV for at least 3 more years.  Pros and cons on that. 

Hannah continues to look for jobs but so far nothing has come her way either.

 Today is St Patricks day.  Here's a little throw back from last years trip to Ireland.  In honor of the day we ate corned beef and cabbage.  Everyone wore green.
Here's me... daydreaming.  Sometimes I have time for that. Also it was 83 degrees out today. So nice.


Examples of things on my mind lately:
Do I want these cute Easter plates?
Will I get all the quilt pieces gathered for Paige before I leave?
Will I get camp forms and $ and prom forms and $?
What kinds of fun stuff should we do in Utah next week? I know I want to go to the movies.  I also want to take the kids to the soap factory and on a Saturday field trip. Also for sure Zuppas!
I need to get some fabric to line Hannah's prom dress.  Tick tock, tick tock.
Talked with Val and Anna today, and by "talked to" I mean group texted. We want to get a Hawaii beach house together. All siblings and spouses invited.  Now it has to progress beyond a vague notion to talking with everyone and seeing what they think.
I'm subbing for seminary for a week in April so I started preparing. ...What can I do to make Corinthians fun to learn about?
I dreamt last night that we went on our family camping trip and I forgot to buy food.  This was a huge oversight.  Not to self: remember to buy food.
What kind of work can I do??
Also I wish I was a good singer. 
Something in Ethan's room stinks.  Like knock you off your feet stench.  I made him take all his dirty clothes and put them in the laundry and also throw all the trash away.  It still stinks.  I think it might be his soccer bag. Phew!
I am reading a fun book "My Grandmother Said to Say She is Sorry".  I have a bunch of books on my amazon cart as a birthday hint to R.  Almost 49 (what?!?)
We've been having a bizarre dishwasher malfunction.  This is our blender.  It's happened 2-3 times in the last couple of weeks. Dishwasher fire? Is that a thing?

Rob and I sat in the hot tub tonight.  Hannah made buckeyes.  Ethan played video games with his friends.  Grace worked on her quilt square.  The weather is perfect outside.  


No comments:

Post a Comment