Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blessed

I have a necklace with the word blessed stamped on it. It's true, I really am. I live a wonderful life. This morning I went to the Painted Turtle, a camp very near here that provides a camping experience for children with grave illnesses. Children who are medically fragile or terminally ill. It is a beautiful, cheerful, whimsical place. They are having campers arriving tomorrow and they needed volunteers to get the rooms ready. I spent the morning making beds in cabin after cabin. Laying fresh white sheets and well loved hand sewn quilts on bunks and beds. It was a sweet experience.
On the way home I saw tons of beautiful wild flowers. The poppies were the stars of the show. I pulled over and walked thru them and took some pictures.
The high school had a flex day so I picked up Hannah early in the afternoon. Took a bunch of her friends to their homes and then we drove thru star bucks for the cherry blossom frapp.
I am so grateful for happy, healthy children.
For gas enough to drop lots of kids safely home. 
For the time to serve.
And time to walk thru flowers.
I am grateful for my small & easy to keep clean home. 
For 2 silly animals that follow me around.
For fun holidays.
For friends all over the world.
Mostly I am grateful for a Savior. That Jesus  Christ suffered and died for me. That he paid my debt. I am grateful that I can show my appreciation to Him by being obedient and charitable and kind. I can never pay my debt but I can show my gratitude.


And, in the keeping it real vein: last night this cat threw up all over our bedroom. Like his body weight in vomit. Because while I was taking Grace to a-days no one cleaned up from dinner and just left it on the counter and he  jumped up and ate it. Also it was panda which tastes good but probably isn't great for you, which I bought because I subbed and then didn't want to cook. Also this morning no one wanted to get out of bed and Hannah missed seminary and I had to scold her, and Grace's toe hurts. 

It's all good:)

I love this new Netflix show!

No comments:

Post a Comment