Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Old friends


Soon after I found out we were moving back to CA I got a call from my friend Julia.  She had moved back with her family 3 years ago.  We commiserated together and quickly agreed to get together asap.  Julie and I were best friends growing up, then we lived in the same ward in TX for a couple of years.  Now we will be in the same area once more.  Yay for life long friendships!

Today we went out to lunch, which took 3 hours! There was a lot of catch up on.  I'm looking forward to renewing a close friendship.  

I drove around and reacquainted myself with the area. It's built up a lot since we moved away 17 years ago.  

Sales and purchases on houses are having the usual hiccups. Little things. I'm pretty sure things will work out but it's still the stressful up and down and worry and $$$. I'll be happy to be bought and sold and moved and settled.

Meanwhile the kids are having a great time. They've been swimming, bowling, golfing, shopping, to the air show and a dragons game. They've gone out for ice cream and watched movies and gotten hair cuts. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment