Monday, June 15, 2015

Airport

The speakers at church were so good yesterday. I love our little ward. Tiny since the realignment but hanging in there.

After church we came home and had lunch. Then we took off for the airport. Rob moved to California. Unfortunately he had some flight delays and got there quite late. He starts work today and I hope it goes really well. After we dropped him off we had about two and half hours before seminary graduation. Not enough time to drive home and back. What do you do? We wanted to observe the Sabbath still so I decided we would go to the tidal basin and look at the monuments. It's right by the airport and I thought it would be fun. I was wrong. It was pretty hot and sweaty out, and Grace's feet hurt so she was busy crying. Ethan was busy complaining that he wanted to go home and mourn the fact that dad moved.  Which really translates to I want to get back to the Xbox. Neither of the little kids wanted to go to the graduation either. Hannah did want to go and was pleasant at the monuments but our good cheer didn't outweigh the crying and grumping.

After about an hour I decided to cut our losses and we headed over to the stake center to hang out. This turned out to be a good choice. It was cool, Grace found some friends to wait with and Ethan had my phone. We listened to the seminary choir practice and by the time graduation started all was well.

The graduation was very nice. After there was a nice reception and the kids were happy to have some treats. I was glad to have a chance to say some goodbyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment