Wednesday, June 10, 2015

more wild life

Yesterday morning there was a turtle on our driveway, nestled under the tire of the Flex.  I don't know what he was thinking.  I don't know what it is with the critters this year.  They are nuts.  Also I have seen so many little baby ground hogs and they are so cute! and little bunnies. Also cute.


 After school we went to the pool.  It was great.  The kids had so much fun!  We took Arden with us and Ethan found a friend and Hannah and I sat and talked.
So, this is crazy.  We have an offer on our house.  I am in shock.  It's not complete yet but this may be the easiest move in the history of moving.  Such a blessing.  I am crossing my fingers and sending up prayers for the next couple of days but actually I think it's going to go smoothly.  What?!?
I've been suffering from some feelings of melancholy.  I don't want to move.  Our philosophy is we move to advance the career and so there was never a question about going.  It's more where we are going, a place I never wanted to go back to and never missed...not for a second.  And where we are leaving.  We have LOVED it here. I complied a little list:
THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT MARYLAND
the beautiful green trees
living a walk away from the water, a long walk but still
seeing all the animals
the osprey couple that we see every day on the junction of St Andrews Church Rd and Pointlook Out Road
the deer in the backyard, and the bats that fly around at night, and little groundhogs everywhere, the bald eagle sightings, bat rays and dolphins (although in fairness I only saw them in the bay once), robins and cardinals and blue birds, deer (although not when they smash into your car), seeing a fox from time to time, but not the jellyfish (no one will miss them), tree frogs, and the symphony of bullfrogs in the pond behind the house at night, fireflies.
the kids awesome schools:
with culinary and theater
STEM
high ratings
teachers that we like and know
the friends we have in the neighborhood,
our community pool, Halloween in the hood, the pretty streets,
talking to neighbors all the time,
Sunday night parades,
someone to borrow sugar from on Sunday's,
someone to carpool with all the time,
someone to get the kids,
kids to help and pick up and have over.
being a girl scout leader
fun scout parents
fun scouter friends
my super fun job
the friends I have made there already
the funny things that happen on tour
my calling, my favorite ever
my councilors (who I love love love)
the wonderful stake leaders I get to work with
the sisters in the stake that I now know
planning the PLDD
Salsas
seafood :(
DC
historic sites
east coast bucket list stuff that we haven't finished yet
Mount Vernon
seasons
the sound of rain
green
really really good friends
grass you can step on barefooted
our beautiful home
being integral to the community, church, schools
soccer friends

this is not a comprehensive list at all but a sample


THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO

living closer to family
going to Disneyland
having a less expensive home


No comments:

Post a Comment