Saturday, June 27, 2015

home sweet home

Friday I flew home.  The west coast is suffering from a drought, the rest of the country is getting more rain than it can stand.  Poor TX is flooding and there has been nothing but rain in the east.  I left LA and flew to Chicago, it was a long and somewhat bumpy flight.  I landed in time to run between terminals and catch the next flight to Ohio.  That flight was so bumpy the flight attendants stayed in their seats and the passengers exclaimed "whah!" Several times.  I survived both flights though and was happy to see the kids and grands again.

Everyone had a great stay.  Ethan did a lot of golfing and the girls some shopping.  Everyone was happy and smiling when I got home so that's a good sign :)

Today we drove home.  It went well.  We drove through rain the whole way.  The kids were good except for a little fighting over where to put their feet.
driving companions
We stopped at Cafe Rio and met Becky for dinner and the passing of the keys.  She picked up a lot of stuff a couple of weeks ago, including but not limited to: the Eiffel tower, PLDD silverware, rolls of blue table cloths, a bubble machine, a snow cone machine, a Paris backdrop, silver stars, a box of flip flops and I don't know what else.  She is the new Stake YW pres and she will be AWESOME! I am only sad I won't be here to work with her!

When we came home we unpacked and put everything away.  Cleaned and got the house ready and wrote our talks for tomorrow.
We had some disappointing news on the home buying/selling front.  Our buyers backed out after almost a month.  This was a big blow and I am having a hard time not having hard feelings.  I understand changing your mind but I think they knew for some time and didn't tell us.  It's very annoying. 
We found out yesterday morning and Cindy, our realtor, quickly got our house back on the market.  Someone looked at it yesterday and someone is coming tomorrow so hopefully things will move quickly.

By the time I landed last night I found out that the seller of the CA house was also having some issues. That one's not officially closed but it's on it's way.  I think it's a blessing, as I certainly don't want to have two houses.  I LOVED the backyard in the Cobblestone house, and the schools! Loved the schools.  The house was very nice, but not perfect and the price is less than nice, although doable.  I don't know what to think, or to hope except I really hope and pray the Belmar house sells quickly, like in the next two weeks and we can get the kids out to CA before school starts.  Time for some serious prayer! 

It was good to drive through all the beautiful green and rain, we just soaked it in.  Maryland is a beautiful state. Already I feel that weird sense of not really belonging.  I don't want to leave but our roots are coming up and we are anxious to get settled and start living our new CA lives.  Flux is a hard state to be in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment