Thursday, May 28, 2015

pie


 When I was growing up going to stake dances was my favorite activity.  Especially when I was 14-16 years old.  My friends and I would look forward to them all month, and plan for them . That Saturday night was sacred and we wouldn't miss it for the world.  I remember having so much fun and dancing a lot.  I remember Scott, something or other, who always wore racing gloves and a leather jacket. Super dorky but he smelled good and was a good dancer.  I remember Evan was tried to kiss me on the dance floor!  What?!? I remember Lane who was tall and handsome and later went on a mission and we wrote letters to each other.  And Jon, who's mom thought we were a cute couple and who I could talk to all night long and never run out of things to say...and he was pretty cute too!  I danced with boys in my ward who were my friends, and who I from time to time had a secret or not so secret crush on.  I remember swaying to the slow songs and how dreamy it was.

After we would go out to eat.  Sometimes to Denny's, but sometimes to Marie Calendars (my favorite).  I would almost always order their strawberry pie and it was SO good.

Then I never ate it again for a long long time.  But that memory stayed with me and a few weeks ago I made one and it was SO good!  Since then I've made it two more times.  Including for dessert tonight.  Yumm!

a cup of sugar, a cup of water, a T of corn starch, boil until it thickens.  Add in a small box of jello.  Slice up strawberries until they are heaping in a pre-made graham cracker crust.  Poor the syrup over it and let it set up.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment