Sunday, May 31, 2015

blessings


Our ward, along with the lexington park ward, have been asked to provide the choir for stake conference coming up.  We are requested to have 50 voices.   The Bishop got up in sacrament meeting a few weeks back and told us all that it was our responsibility.  That the Lord wanted us to sing and it didn't matter if we could sing or not...so I joined.  As did Hannah and Grace.  Hannah can sing well.  Grace is little so I'm not sure yet.  I definitely am terrible.  Like Scuttle the seagull on the Little Mermaid bad.  But I am going.  The songs are beautiful and I can feel the Spirit as we practice. Jennifer is an amazing director and I have the sneaking suspicion that we will do fine.  I am excepting my obedience to be rewarded with a decent enough effort to not hurt the over all effect. 

I was asked to teach gospel doctrine class today.  I was nervous. It's on my very short list of callings I do not want. GD teacher. I prepared but didn't know how it would go.  
After the lesson was over I felt fine about it.  I am not a scriptorian and I don't think it was deep and wonderful but it was okay and it's done. I learned a lot this week preparing so that was nice.

Tonight after dinner we paraded the neighborhood again.  The evening was lovely and I enjoyed the walk and the talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment