Thursday, December 11, 2014

True life homework story.

Every day I help Grace with her homework. We do spelling and social studies and read. She usually does not ask me to help her with math. Yesterday she did come to me for some math help, this was her problem: there are four children who need to take a picture if they sit in a row how many different configurations of children could there be in the picture. 
After some thought I came up with this perfect way to help: I grabbed four items and lined them up on the ironing board. "That's one", I said. Then I rearranged them, that's two. By the third arrangement I saw her walking out of the door saying, "never mind I'll wait for dad". Sweet!!
One of the perks to being married to an engineer is that, theoretically, you should never have to do math homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment