Sunday, December 21, 2014

Getting closer

The countdown to Christmas is growing closer and closer. Yesterday was a pretty fun day. Rob and Hannah and Ethan went to the movies to see the hobbit. Then they went out to lunch and did some shopping, they said they had a wonderful time.
Meanwhile Grace and I stayed home, she helped me do some cleaning up and was a huge help. Then we decorated Christmas cookies for the ward party. I was happy with how they turned out. When we were done with our chores we headed over to the Christmas village. The village was very festive, very crowded, and although we only stayed an hour we had a good time. Fluffy the 2nd died the night before and Grace was very sad she thought he was a great little fish. On the way home from the Christmas village we stopped at the corner pet store and she negotiated skillfully and brought home four guppies.
The ward party was really really fun. Everyone involved put in so much work and I think it was one of our nicest ones. We played a game where you put a paper plate on your head and then listen to directions to make a Christmas story. I have to say my paper plate art turned out pretty good as I think you can tell what it supposed to be.
The night before during Hannah's friend party I crocheted a little hat. It was supposed to be for Grace but when it was done I realized that it was more Alva's size. This morning we took it to her and it looks just darling. Probably because the model was such a darling little thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment