Saturday, December 13, 2014

full Christmasy day

Today was a fun day.  We woke up at 5 to take Hannah to the tech center to start cooking.  They had a breakfast with Santa fundraiser.  She worked hard all week.  It was a lot nicer than I thought it would be.  They had face painting and the food was good and we didn't have to stand in line forever.  That was the thing I was most concerned about, I didn't want to be in the middle of a zoo.  Sadly they had less of a turn out than they wanted and expected but for me we were in and out quickly and could make our other obligations.
breakfast with Santa

1/2 birthday party
The last two years I have been at girls camp during Ethan's birthday.  Although we have had family celebrations he has wanted to have a party.  I agreed and then never got around to it.  He kept asking and saying if I wasn't there it didn't count.  I'm a sucker for my boy...and how much longer will it matter to him that his mom is there? So finally we picked a random day, in Dec to have an 11th birthday, 12th birthday, 12 1/2 celebration.  It was tons of fun.  We rented LeonardHall indoor soccer field and 14 boys ran around  playing for two hours.  We brought tons of Gatorade which they drank, pizza and cupcakes which we had to "force" them to stop playing to come grab. Ethan was pretty happy and thought it was a good day.
Grace and Arden played with the claw machine and won two prizes each.  I couldn't believe it. No one ever wins those things!
tree hunting
This evening we went to buy our real tree.  We now have 4 trees.  It was Ziva's first time tree hunting :)

The last activity of the day was to watch a movie.  Hannah went to baby-sit at the Ray's and the rest of us bundled up (it's a bit chilly in our house) and watched Dolphin Tale 2.
movie watching



No comments:

Post a Comment