Thursday, December 4, 2014

random

Christmas long long ago! 8 years ago actually.  We were in Utah for Dani and Greg's wedding.

Last night we had mutual/scouts/A days.  The girls made quilts for the veterans hospital.  Hannah brought hers home to finish.  The scouts worked on their personal management merit badge.  Grace's group made snow flakes.  I am not sure why but Grace had fun.  I helped Jodie make decorations for the ward Christmas party coming up.

Yesterday I wrapped most of our Christmas gifts.  We are getting so close to ready.  I am pretty excited about that!

Ethan didn't have school again because of the water situation at his school.  He went to Saar's to hang out in the afternoon.

Grace was invited to join a little book exchange group.  She got a letter from her friend Madison and had to send a book to the girl at the top of the list.  Then she wrote 6 letters, putting Madison's name at the top and hers next.  I let her do it, and we sent our book, but frankly I didn't expect her to get any books.  She has gotten 3 so far.  Last night we stopped by the mail box and there was another book.  I said how surprised I was and the kids asked why.  I told them I had received a similar letter years ago for a dish towel club and never received a single towel so I thought this would be the same.  "Dish towel club!," they exclaimed, "that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard of! Who would even want one dish towel??"

On our way home from church Ethan asked what we were doing next week.  I wasn't quite sure what he meant so I asked him to clarify the question, like was it something in particular he was asking about?  Some special thing he was looking forward to?  Nope he just wanted a general run down, so I started running through the calendar leading up to Christmas and a bit into it he was very distressed and said "why are we doing all that??" "I just want to stay home!!" He was very upset so I said "why did you ask me if you were going to be so upset?" He said, "I didn't know our schedule is so UPSETTING!!!"  That boy is such a homebody.

1 comment:

  1. RS asked us to make 50 snowflakes for the ward Christmas party. :) Grace is an awesome snowflake makah!

    ReplyDelete