Thursday, September 25, 2014

something light hearted



Clayton's mom found out that she has a brain tumor this week.  It's inoperable.  They say she has a 25% chance of surviving the next 2 years with treatment.  Of course we believe in miracles and that the Lord knows and loves her and that she will live exactly how long He intends.  I feel very sad about this news.  I really like Kathy and I know how much she means to her family.  The good news is she's had a wonderful, service filled life.  She's seen her children grow to adulthood and they are successful, lovely people.  She's enjoyed a happy marriage and many friends and callings.  She is joyful.  I hope she has many more joyful years, at the same time I am grateful for that families are forever and this is but a step towards eternity.  It's a weird thing, death.  I do not fear it for myself and look forward to it in some ways, at the same time no one is eager to leave mortality while there is work to do, loved ones to care for and spend time with, and things to learn and do.

It is always sad for those left behind and it is for them that my heart aches.

I'm pretty sure I already updated but Yoho too is facing chemo and a long road to recovery.  He is expected to do well but I am sad that the journey will be challenging and that he'll be sick, that's the worst.

Yesterday Hannah's school was on lock down, again, second week in a row.  This time for 3 hours.  It was a bomb threat.  I am sad that our children aren't in a wholesome, secure environment where they can learn and flourish.

There are definitely wars and rumors of wars, pestilence and fear through out the world and that makes me sad too.  It grieves me that the Savior had to bear this and when I see the pain and suffering around and know that He took all of that on Himself, to atone for mankind it makes me wish for a swift cease and desist, to cut His suffering short a little.  It's unimaginable. My list could go on and on with specific people and events but I won't.  Infinite suffering required an infinite atonement and that's what He did for us.

And still we must find joy and look forward with hope.

So I will look forward to little raspberry.  Dani may know as soon as tomorrow (maybe) if a little blue bundle or a little pink one will be joining our family.  Since we can't be together to guess, or to celebrate I did a little poll and we all cast our predictions.  Can't wait to see if the majority is right or the lone 3 pink bundle predictors.



Pink or Blue we love that baby already and can't wait to greet him/her!  What a precious miracle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment