Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grandma Date

Grace had an activity day trip to the temple today.  Since she was going to be gone all afternoon I decided it would be the perfect time for a Mimi and Tate date.   (She would have been sad and jealous).  We went to the Calvert Marine Museum.  It was so fun.  She's so smart and chatty.  I really enjoyed our time.  She wanted to climb to the top of the lighthouse.  We did and it was pretty neat.  The view was gorgeous and she liked all the interesting things in the lighthouse too.  On the way down she was too scared to climb alone so we played baby spider monkey and grandma spider monkey.  She clung on and I climbed down.

We looked at all the fish in the aquariums.  The seahorses, the jellies, the crabs, the fish fish.
We also spent a long time in the discovery center.  We did some puzzles, dressed up, played little red riding hood saves poor grandpa (me), little red riding hood visits her poor friend (me), Ariel visits Prince Eric (me) and Rapunzel talks to someone in the tower (I was the someone)
Tate read me a story:) and I read some to her.
The best part was Oopsie and Squeak, the otters.  We went to visit them and they were napping but then an hour or so later they were up and they played with Tatum.

We stopped by the gift shop and got an Oopsie to go and then got an ice cream cone.  Perfect date!
This is Tate's Ooopsie being a mermaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment