Monday, August 26, 2013

First day of school


Today was the first day of school for these three.  School actually started last week on Wednesday.  This was the cause of some not little concern.  We debated a long time what to do about the timing of school and the wedding.  Finally I pressed to take them.  I really wanted everyone to be there.  I often miss my brothers and sisters and I want these guys to have a relationship with their older sisters even though they live far away.  
Yesterday we were all so tired from the trip, we did get stuff together in the evening there were some nerves evidenced.  
I got up at 5 to make home made banana chocolate chip muffins for the first day of school.  Not one of the children ate one.  I'm back to sleeping in until 5:30! 
Hannah starts seminary at 6:10 and Ethan leaves to catch his STEM bus as 6:15.  EARLY for both of them.
Grace doesn't catch the bus until 8:15.  That makes for a long morning of getting kids out the door! 
I had big plans for what I was going to do today...and every day.  Unfortunately I am a little under the weather~ achy and headachy so I have done some laundry and got some groceries but for the most part haven't got much done.  I am anxious for the kids to get home and to hear about their day.

Also, somehow, the early morning pictures were all bad.  Crazy.  Hannah is in 9th grade.  Ethan 6th and Grace 3rd.  

update: Ethan came home and said he had a good day. His favorite teacher was his social studies teacher.  He had classes with lots of his friends, he was not far behind and we need to send in $5 for a locker fee, $5 for a agenda and $50 for a deposit on space camp.
Hannah came home excited about her day.  She had lots of friends in classes, everyone liked her hair and for the spring musical they are doing "footloose".  She needs to go to target for a list of supplies. $$
Grace has Mrs. Elwell, she is class with Julia, Madison, Ximena, Carly and Fiona as well as other kids, she needs $5 for the recorder and $ to rent a cello.

So, to sum up, everyone had a good day, everyone needs money.

No comments:

Post a Comment