Thursday, August 29, 2013

first week update


This week Ethan started baseball practice. It's a lot slower paced than soccer and he spent a lot of time looking longingly across to the adjoining field where there was a team practicing soccer.  His first  game is in two weeks and hopefully he'll find it more fun.  Other than that school is going okay for him.  We have one huge glitch, we bought mac book airs and he has work on a disk every day.  The electronics interface is proving challenging.
Hannah has had a lot of homework, she likes her classes mostly and is looking forward to the first football game tomorrow. One not so bright spot is her health class, she sits by a sophomore who is really mean and rude. I'm thinking of calling that girls mother...but I know that is not a real solution.
Grace is liking 3rd grade.  She is in class with several of her friends and is looking forward to starting cello lessons next week as well as horseback riding and brownies.  She is working on piano and working on behaving.  It's a big order.

Rob is working.

TTR (tri training report) I have been walking fast and then picking a point and running, running several times per hour long walk.  The problem is my knee hurts while I am running.  I don't know if it's a matter of losing 10 or 20 lbs and then adding the running element.  I don't want to hurt it and not be able to do anything.  Although I am not enjoying it I do want to do it and reach my goal.  

I have been cleaning and straightening and organizing.  I have made the house into "zones" and am doing a deep clean/ organize in an area or two a day. It's weird being home alone all day.  I don't want to waste the time.  

Got a text from Clayna the other day, they were snorkeling in Hanuama Bay and having a great time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment