Friday, May 24, 2013

ohio

For weeks the children (and the father) have been begging to come to Ohio for Memorial Day.  I didn't want to, not because I don't love to come but because it was going to be a quick trip, really quick. Finally I relented and we added a day by taking today off from school/work.
Normally I like to leave the house pretty much spotless before I leave on a trip.  Hannah says I want to die under false pretenses because when she asked me why and I told her if we died on the trip I would want to leave the house clean.  I don't care if it's false or not I still want to.  I would want it to be that clean every day but....
Anyway, this time we did not.  It's tidy(ish), if you count leaving rinsed out dishes in the sink from breakfast this morning, a soccer ball on the living room floor, camping gear from last weeks father and sons outing in the dinning room and piano books sitting out in the living room (to name a few) and the basement, I won't even mention what that looks like.  But we still left, and no disaster befell us and Michelle, who is watching Millie and Fluffy has seen my messes before. I guess I do need to ask one more favor...Michelle, if we die before we get home can you tidy up a bit and pretend that's how it always is? :)
The drive was pleasant and we made good time.  I drove half and R drove half.  I got to chat with Mom and  Val and Dani and Jenna so that was fun.  R did some work.  The kids watched some movies.  We played "what's my carb" and argued over if fractions could be even or odd.  Good times.
Then we made it and Nana had an awesome taco bar ready for dinner and the girls swam in the pool that Abba so nicely heated up for them.
After dinner most of the gang headed out to the movies to see Iron Man 3.  UB, Lu and I stayed home and had a nice chat while Lu looked at cuff links and assorted things from Grandpa Thacker and I made cookies.  I asked Lu if she wanted to help because she normally does and she said "mom I can make cookies any time, how often do I get to talk to Uncle Brian?"
So I am very happy I came.  It's always such a treat to be with family, it makes my heart happy.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Lu has her priorities straight!

    A fraction is neither odd nor even because it is not a whole number.

    ReplyDelete