Wednesday, May 29, 2013

getting home

As idyllic as our Sunday was our Monday drive home was the flip side of the coin.  The children were good mostly but it was long and everyone got grouchy.  Actually R was the least grouchy and even laughed at our complaining, which was quite nice really.  Still traffic was bad and we rerouted to a longer course.  The day was long and longer than we planned, both hard things.

The weather was kind of dreary but we made the most of our rest stops and made it home in one piece.

Tuesday everyone was pretty tired.  We got up sluggish and lateish out the door.  Hannah got locked out and had to sit on the porch and wait for the rest of us to get home, a longish wait.  Lu didn't practice the paino since we were gone and we rescheduled her lesson.  We had some more grouchyness.  On the bright side R and I did practice putting the canoe on the top of the car and were successful which I was happy about.  The first time I couldn't' lift it over my head.  Last night R came home and he had studied out how to do it and it worked just fine.  Yay!  Also last night I rearranged the patches on Lu's Brownie vest to fit better and leave room for next year's patches, the picking out took awhile but I was happy with the result and thanx to Abba my iphone now controls the apple tv and we finally got it to work (since the children lost the teeny tiny remote weeks ago) so I choose a show and picked away and Lu was tucked in her bed sleeping sweetly and it was a nice last hour of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment