Friday, May 17, 2013

8th grade dance

Shannon, Hannah, Julia and Gabby
 It's the winding up time of the school year, although we still have three weeks to go.  Tonight was the 8th grade dance.  Hannah was super excited.  We haven't let her go to any evening dances yet.  She's only 13 but she is super close and in 6th grade I made a deal with her that if she didn't bug me about dances then I would let her go to this last one of her middle school years.

When I got home I found the girls getting ready.  They had been at it for hours and seemed to be enjoying themselves if not making a lot of progress when I got here.  The last 5 minutes of getting ready though were a blur of activity!
 The first thing we did was go to dinner.  We went to Cafe de Artist which was yummy.  There were 4 moms and 6 girls and I enjoyed getting to know the other moms better.
Gabby, Hannah, Melissa, Shannon, Hannah, Julia
 Then we went down to the wharf to take some pictures.  This was not an original idea and the girls saw lots of friends there.
 They posed, and practiced their moves, then we went over to the school.
 The moms went in to check things out and see the beautiful decorations and the beautiful young people.  They didn't need any help chaperoning so I ran home to "do the dishes" read: blog.  But I will go back soon and see the end of the dance and then deliver the girls safely to their homes.
Chelsea and Hannah

6 comments:

  1. Hannah looks so beautiful and oh my goodness, what a high jumper. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gabby looks so beautiful and i want gabby's dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. dance lessons for kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. dance classes for kids near me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. beat instrumentals

    ReplyDelete