Friday, April 19, 2013

you've had a birthday shout hurray!

adorable adorable Penny Jane!!!!
 Yesterday was my birthday.  I am 45.  I think that's pretty much the middle of life exactly.  I'd like to live to 90 give or take a decade so the first half is over.  Crazy.  It's been good :)  I had a good day.  It's been a good life.

How did I celebrate?  well I went to work.  I have a few more weeks of Kindergarten to enjoy and a long list of things I want to do with the money I make so it seemed the best choice:)  I had a really fun time seeing messages pop up on facebook with well wishes from friends and family.  It's kind of silly but I really enjoyed that.  Knowing so many people thought well of me and cared to say Happy Birthday.
Tatum girl the mermaid lover
 After work I enjoyed some more birthday love in the form of phone calls and lots of pics on Dani's blog just for me of my little princess grandgirls!!!  Yea!! loved it.
seriously couldn't you just eat her up?!!

Tate and the sea creature crew
 When I got home I was greeted by a beautiful bouquet of flowers!  This made my day, so cheerful and sweet and my favorite colors.  Then Dani told me that Greg sent them and that touched me so much.  He is a great SIL and I am grateful for our good relationship.  Thanks birthday twin Greg!
birthday flowers from Greg :)
 The boys had soccer so we had a girls night celebration.  We went to JoAnns and Marshalls.  I got some cute new shoes and we got Lu an outfit and some fabric for a blanket she's working on in activity days.  Hannah got a shower cap :) and some other things she needed.  We had a good time together!  We also ate at Chicken something, that I have been wanting to try.  It was fine but not a place I need to rush back to.   The company was good though!
birthday fun with my little girls
sweet TX friends
When I came home Pete and Katherine were here with a little gift and to visit. They traversed the dangerous debris field to join us in our messy living room for a fun visit.  I feel very blessed to have many great friends in many parts of the world.  Really blessed.  I look forward to the day when we are not separated by miles and can enjoy each other in person. 

It's also Marcia's birthday! Happy birthday gorgeous, brilliant, dazzling you!  Tori, Kriste, Ruth and Marcia went out to celebrate and sent me this "wish you were here".  I wish it too dear ones!

Not to forget I got my long wished for dyson.  I am very excited.  UB and Nana and Abba sent it to me.  Love love my family! all of them! Family really is God's biggest blessing to us. I  have been especially blessed.

It was a happy day, full of good cheer, new shoes, happy thoughts and my grateful heart. 

1 comment:

  1. There are not many appliances that deserve an excited reception when received as a birthday gift, but a Dyson is definitely one of them : )

    ReplyDelete