Saturday, April 6, 2013

random catch up


This weekend Rob and Pete are off fishing again.  I like this picture of him, it's very pretty there and when I talk to him on the phone I can hear the seagulls in the background.  So far he hasn't caught anything.  Thank goodness he feeds our family with his engineering skills and not his mad fishing skilz.  From all reports they are having a good time :)




In the meantime things at home are fine:)  My long term job for spec ed is over.  I enjoyed it.  This week I only worked one day but starting on Monday I am doing another long term, this time in K.  So while I was off what did I do?  I drove to Waldorf one day to pick up a washer part.  Our washer is very unreliable but handy dandy hubby keeps it limping along.  I called Laura and she and KT rode up with me and then we went to Café Rio!! Yumm-o!

Hannah had play practice every day after school.  She also has practice all day today.
 
Grace had talent show try outs.  She is going to be in a the talent show next week. 
 
My good friend Marcia is "in town" well, in Alexandria which is close enough.  She is a brand new grandma for the first time!  Shout out to Richie and Britni!! We met up for lunch and it was so much fun.  We talked and laughed and laughed and laughed.  I miss that girl!!Also our lunch was super delicious and I will definitely be heading back to the Thai Palace.
 
This morning we went to a soccer game.  We won! 6-2.  Ethan played keeper the first half, did a good job.  The second half he was a forward and he scored a goal!  It was a good game.  Chilly outside but whatevah.  After Lu and E both got invited to go play at Joe's house along with the Davis kids.  It's very quiet at home right now.  I am going to watch conference in a second, doing some laundry.  Strange Saturday to be home alone.
 
Last night Laura invited us over to watch Les Miserables.  She had a house full.  I was excited to go and see it.  The kids all ran around upstairs and outside playing while we hit the basement theater.  She also made snacks which were tasty and it was fun to visit with everyone.  I really really wanted to love the movie.  I actually have never seen it or read the book and I knew I needed to, if only from a cultural literacy perspective.  But I didn't love it.  I liked the story in that I loved Jean ValJean.  He was such a good man and did such good.  I love that.  Also Wolverine...easy on the eyes.  Some of the music was very stirring and at the end of the day I liked the story.  The actual watching of the movie was kind of long and the singing kind of not great, and some of the horrors, just so sad. 


Little Missy has taken up dad's spot while he's gone.  She's been happy to sleep there and I am happy to have her.

2 comments: