Tuesday, April 30, 2013

FHE

see Monte pythons rabbit guarding the village?
 Yesterday Grace woke up with pink eye.  Can I get a small groan from the audience?  Thanks.
So I stayed home with her and we hung out all day until I could get her in to the doctor for some drops since we were out. (for the record all the sweet snuggling I did yesterday, despite the precautionary washing of all the pillowcases, resulted in me getting to share the drops today)

It was rainy.  We walked the dogs, went to CVS, watched 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, did some laundry.  It was a good day.
 For FHE after our opening exercises we adjourned to the kitchen table where I had supplies (play dough, tooth picks, straws, scissors and wax paper).  We each built a fortress to guard our imaginary villages.  It was lots of fun, everyone had different ideas about what would be good.
the boys pondering their designs
After we built and shared our defense strategies we went back to the living room and reviewed some of the Alma chapters were Moroni has the people build defenses around the various cities in the land, then we talked about Elder Hales talk from the last Priesthood session and finally discussed ways that we could fortify and protect ourselves and our family from the evils that would seek to destroy.  I think it was a pretty good lesson.
.Most importantly Hannah made cookies and Grace and I remembered to buy ice cream when we were at CVS so we had ice cream sandwiches for FHE treat.

1 comment: