Friday, April 26, 2013

day off


There is a shade of green found here in MD that is hard to describe.  I see it sometimes when I am driving down the tree lined roads and the sun filters through some spots and lights the leaves up with a sparkle.  It really is lovely.  Bright and happy.  It is my favorite color that shade, nameless and hard to describe, but when you see it it speaks to your senses and says the earth is alive, and there is beauty all around.  After a long and cold winter it is finally almost warm and today the sparkle of green was every where!

We've been keeping busy.  I like my little kindergarten class.  I love the cute hugs and the stories they tell, their sometimes shy smiles and their quiet faces when listening to a story.  It's been a cheerful few weeks for me there.  

Wednesday night Grace made a blanket in activity days.  She was very happy.  Two weeks ago she helped Stevie work on hers and this week Stevie helped her.  All the girls made a blanket and they were pleased with their efforts. 

Thursday was busy.  After school Grace stayed for the Relay for Life movie viewing.  Ethan had a soccer game which he almost missed except that Dari drove him down, so sweetly and not at all on her way to anywhere.  I was very grateful.  I need to make her cookies or something.  Then lost 3-5.  Losing is always a bitter pill to swallow.  After the game E and R went out with the missionaries.  Lu and I went out to dinner then went to pick up Hannah at Alyssa's and ended up staying two hours chatting and eating Norwegian waffles, so yummy.  We really had a nice time and got home too late.  Luckily today there is no school.

Rob is home from work today.  I was surprised.  He technically gets every other Friday off but actually only takes 3-4 off a year, so seldom that I do not even think to ask if it's an off Friday or not.  This morning I worked in the house, he worked outside.  The kids helped us both, mostly him but that was great I was happy to have them outside pulling weeds and helping.  I also talked on the phone with my mom and my MIL.  It's funny but somehow when I work during the day I don't get to talk to people very often, nights and weekends aren't the same.  R and I did some calendaring which was needed but we had to both be here, during the day, to do it.  Anyway it was nice to catch up.

For lunch today I went out to celebrate Lisa, Amy and my birthdays.  We went to Thompsons and ate tasty seafood and sat and talked for 2 hours.  It was great.  

Now R and the kids are off fishing, hope they have some luck. Soon I will be leaving to chaperone a dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment