Thursday, April 18, 2013

it pollened

It's that wonderful time of year when we get a yellow coating on everything...and the sneezing that comes with it.  MD is the first place I have lived where we can see the pollen in a thick layer. The first time I saw it I didn't know what it was.  Now I do...aahh chooo!!

Tuesday night Lu had Brownies.  The girls each chose one individual badge to work on, I didn't know what she chose until that night when we picked up our packet.  All the other girls chose dancer, or computer expert.  Grace chose home scientist.  We will be working on lots of experiments in the next few weeks.  She is very excited.  Our Grace is a very smart girl.

After Brownies Rob and I went to Salsas.  It's our favorite late night, quick date.  Diet coke, chips and salsa~ a good start to any dinner :)

Last  night R took the kids to church and I went to have a "play date" with Katherine.  I brought cake and we sat in her living room, which is always clean and peaceful and smells good, and just chatted.  Eventually her visiting teachers joined us, which was also fun.  I need to do that more.  Making time for my girl friends is challenging when I work during the day and the familia keeps me busy all the rest of the time.  But it's such a joy and blessing to have those warm and supportive friendships.  Note to self: make that more of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment