Saturday, June 23, 2012

conference

We have these beautiful hanging fuchsia plants on our front porch.  R was watering them the other day and a bird flew out...then he discovered we had a nest with 5 light blue speckled eggs.  So fun. 

This morning we went to see Brave.  I loved it. 

This afternoon we ran camp errands.

Tonight we went to Stake Conf w/ the Zawadas, we stopped for dinner on the way (which we need to stop doing because this time and last time we were late because of slow service)

Conference was really good.  I really enjoy the adult session.  My favorite talk was by Sister Eden.  She spoke on Finding Joy in the Midst of Hardship.  She did an excellent job and was so funny and relatable and spot on in her advice.  She said there are 10 things you should do to find joy.
  1. Joy is a choice.  Act like you feel joy.  Walk with your head up, shoulders back and with a smile on your face.  It will send a message to you and others that you are joyful.
  2. Embrace Gratitude.  Speaking your gratitude is empowering.  Say it out loud in prayer, to yourself and to others.
  3. Stop taking responsibility for others.  You can only change one person, yourself; and it's only with the Saviours help that you can make any headway in that.
  4. do something each day to make you better
  5. Pray for your enemies
  6. Count every small success.  "I woke up alive today, success.  I did a chore before work, success.  I read a verse of scripture today, success.  I thought of Christ, success." Count everything not just the big stuff.
  7. Trust Christ
  8. Give the pain of your challenges to Christ, he's already carried it.
  9. Submit to the Saviour,  I am not very good at managing my own life, and neither are you, turn it over to Him.
  10. gargle with salt water.    When you are sick and have a sore throat gargling helps you heal and feel better.  Still no one wants to do it.  Do that things that are good for you even if you don't want to.  They are good for you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! Such great advice from Sister Eden that, even though I live all the way across the country, I needed to hear right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to find that nest.

    Saturday sessions of Stake Conference are always my favorite. Sounds like wonderful advice!!!

    ReplyDelete