Sunday, June 10, 2012

my fancy schmancy new car

No more suburban for us.  Turns out I am hard on cars.  We had almost 200,000 miles on it and pretty much everything was broken or breaking.  As much as we LOVE LOVE LOVE not having a car payment we had to break down and get one (for a while anyway). 

We have been talking about cars for awhile and nothing really really struck us as the right car.  Then a couple weeks ago R said he and E saw the best car, it was a Ford Flex.  We looked at it on line and agreed that it was pretty neat and what we would like. Kind of end of story.  We weren't really ready to pull the trigger on it.
Then Anna bought one. 

Then the sub started doing this weird shaky, noisy, break not workingy thingy.
And R had a a couple weeks of work stress.
And on a random Thursday night he called me a little before dinner and said I need to go to Salsas and who I am to stand  between a man and his need for chips and salsa?  so we went. 
Then he said he just "wanted to look and see if the Ford dealer had any flexs on the lot", and I said I had a youth conference conference call so we didn't have time.
But I did  have my cell , and my forms and so we went just to look.  We looked for a minute, then I sat in the car on my call.  Then two hours later conference was planned and I went in the office to drag R out and we ended up driving home the flex just to see how it feels.
And now we have a very nice, new, all working, shiny car.  That. I. love.

I hope we can pay it off in a year. 

6 comments:

  1. Yay! New cars are so fun! And i love hearing about all your adventures in crabbing. Once upon a time I used to go on weekend adventures. Now I just change diapers, but that's another story. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,new cars always fascinates me.I have some news about GM for car lovers of India.
    General Motors India is planning to launch Chevrolet Captiva this month.Very nice and impressive SUV,Chevrolet Captiva looks very fabulous and stylish.It's sizzling performance with mind blowing mileage and power make it a new avatar of excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if your car needs too much repairs, I think getting a new one is a more cost-efficient move. Repairing the broken car again and again can clearly be costly than getting a new one. It is good though that you ended up buying the Ford Flex. I hope that your money is worth the car.

    Tyra Shortino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyra has a good point here, Lana. You better consider buying a new car instead of repairing it repeatedly, you know. :) Well, if you have a low budget, I suggest you settle for a used car instead. Actually, there are a lot of used cars which look and work like a brand new one.

      Stelle Courney

      Delete
  4. Others may not believe it, but there are really a lot of secondhand cars out there that are still in good condition. You just have to have a keen eye in checking out those cars. If you’re on the ball, I tell you, you would probably end up having a great used car!

    Sara Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah: That’s absolutely true! Recently, I helped my sister-in-law find a new car. It’s secondhand, yet it looks brand new! You’ll love it once you see it! It’s really fabulous in looks and its specs are top of the line! :)

    Carry Demaggio

    ReplyDelete