Monday, June 11, 2012

It's officially summer!  Yea! 

This morning Lu and I got up at 4:30 to take Sierra to the airport.  Sad.  I was sorry to see her go, she was glad though.  I think if she had stayed 2 weeks instead of a month she would not have been as glad but she was here long enough to get bored.  She made it safely home to Utah and I am looking forward to seeing her at the end of summer when Bootsie is born :)

When we got home I was super tired so I took a nap.  Lu didn't, she is never tired and never sleeps.

When I got up we cleaned and had lunch then met the McCombs at the pool for some swimming fun.  We ended up staying for 4 hours and everyone is turning brown.

In the summer we try to be productive with our time.  I always get work books for the kids. 
This summer is no different and they went to work on them today.  Lu was funny she was filling in a page that said stuff like "a snowflake is __________" and "a plum is __________".  You were supposed to write in the color.  She found the page annoying because things could be more than one color, for example chocolate could be white, or brown or even black.  A pumpkin could be green if it was just starting or orange or white if it was a fancy one.  She told me "lots of times I know there are more than one right answer but I just put the answer the teacher expects to see".  Seems like a good approach to me.

Hopefully we'll do a lot of reading and some crafting and important skill building this summer.

Dinner tonight was BBQ chicken salad, we also watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie" and it will be an early bedtime.  4 hours in the sun makes for tired kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment