Friday, March 30, 2012

the visit

Mom and Dad are here! yeah! They arrived on Wednesday after a long over night flight.  I picked them up at the airport and we had a fun drive home.  We stopped at the Apple Basket so mom could buy some crocs, I had never been there and it was really cute.  I will definitely be going back to look around some more.  We also went out to lunch, then I took them home and they went to bed for a little nap before the kids came storming home. 

Everyone was excited to greet them and we had a happy round of hugs and kisses and lots of chatting when everyone got home.

Thursday Dad and I took Millie to Calvert Cliffs for a nice hike.  We did the red trail down to the beach and Millie jumped in every puddle, stream, beaver dam, marshy swamp and beach we came upon.  She chased squirrels and birds and basically had the best doggie time ever.  Dad and I had fun walking and talking too.

When we got back we went to lunch with Mom and then came home and prepared dinner for the missionaries.  Finally we ended the day with a trip to the movies.  Many couples in our ward were going and it was fun to see everyone there.  We saw "hunger games".  I really liked the books and the movie was okay but dark and I hated the cinematography.  It was a shaky disorienting film.  Not my fav.

This morning I was tired (that's what we get for staying out late and playing on a school night) but we took Millie on another walk anyway, went to walmart for our weekly groceries and had a fun day.  Tonight R and E went to see "wrath of the titans" with Pete and Joey, the rest of us stayed home and made popcorn and watched "hop". Both groups liked their movies.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your parents are there and know that you will have a fabulous time. ENJOY.

    I still haven't seen Hunger Games. I heard about the shaky camera thing but I am still excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete