Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday

Today was a good day.  I got to skype with this cutie.  She just got back from her spring break in Transylvania and she had a "best time ever".  I think this is a picture of her at Dracula's castle.  I also got to have a fun chat with Tate, she has a new special dress and purple shoes for Easter!  And Dani.  They are doing well.  I tried to talk to Sierra but she was busy when I called.  I did talk to her a couple days ago and she was going to volunteer at the MMA tournament this weekend, go to a party at Grandma's and have lunch with Zach.  Sounds like they are all doing well.

We went to the Calvert Ward this morning.  I took the familia with and we all enjoyed it.  When I got my new calling I knew I'd need to travel and Pres. Sakai said to take the fam with from time to time.  R and I both thought this would be an excellent idea.  The kids were all nervous to go.  Last night Hannah was begging me to bring Chelsea.  She was afraid she would be shunned, or that they girls would throw tomatoes at her (she has a flare for drama).  It turned out nothing like that though :)  I really enjoyed visiting and meeting a lot of their girls.  Testimony meeting was powerful and moving.  I am always amazed and awed by the many wonderful strong people out there who are raising great families and doing their best to do the Lord's work.    After while we were driving home the kids all said they had had a good time.  Hannah was welcomed to YW and Sunday school and met some nice girls.  I am excited for her to travel with me and have friends all over the stake, it will be so awesome for her at camp and other activities to have many girls she knows.  Ethan said he made a friend and Lu said her classmates were funny and her teacher was so nice.  They asked how often we had to go to other wards and I wasn't sure where they were going with it so I said I had to go from time to time but they didn't necessarily have to come every time because they could go to our ward with Dad.  They all said "we want to come", E said if all the kids were as nice as  Calverts he would love to meet lots of kids and even Han agreed that it was positive. I had no doubts, but am glad it went well.  That's the beauty of the gospel, where ever you go you automatically have friends.  Interestingly the two big kids both said they thought they got more out of their lessons this week, I wonder if they weren't as distracted since they were new?  E said his teacher was really good and spent a lot more time on the lesson and less time talking and goofing around than his normal class. 

Tonight we had a YCL meeting.  Things are coming along for camp and I am excited for all our good plans.  Today I felt good about my calling.  It's been hard to figure it out, normally I have an idea of what to do in a calling, because I've seen others do it, I've gone to Primary, or YW or RS.  With a stake calling it's more behind the scenes, at least for me it was.  I didn't really know what was expected or how to go about it.  Slowly I have been learning.  I have many patient teachers and mentors.  I am willing to do anything, I just didn't know what that was.  I need to remember that as I train and visit.  People want to know what is expected so they can try and do it. I think most people are willing and wanting to do a good job at whatever their callings are, they just don't always know what a good job looks like.  I still have a lot lot lot to learn and but I am grateful for a good day. 

Now I am home and we are all gathered in the living room watching Frozen Planet waiting for Mythbusters to start.  It's nice to spend time relaxing together.  I love my family. 

This week R took a motorcycle class so he could get his license.  He passed, of course, and now is ready to feel the wind in his hair (under his helmet) and hit the open road.

1 comment:

  1. So glad she had a wonderful experience.

    Skying is GREAT.

    I have no doubt that you are an amazing Stake YW President. You are so wonderful.

    Make sure that hubby of yours ALWAYS wears his helmet!!!!

    ReplyDelete