Thursday, March 1, 2012

march march march

Today March came in like a lamb, the sun was warm and I opened windows and breathed in deeply the beginning of spring.

I was supposed to sub today but Lucy was sick.  Actually she wasn't that sick but last night she was sick, had a fever.  R pumped her full of Gatorade, Tylenol and cough medicine and put her to bed early.  I cancelled my job for today then this morning found her certainly under the weather but she probably could have gone to school.  We actually had a very nice day together.  We put together her swaps for world thinking day this Saturday.  I cut out the little sombreros and stuck pins in them then she strung little colorful beads on the pins.  Very cute and fun.  When we finished that we made a cute shirt for her to wear to Dr Suess' birthday celebration at school tomorrow.  We read our library books, headed to the library to restock and then she wanted to go to McDonalds so we had a very posh lunch in the play land there.  Sometimes it's nice to have an unexpected day together.

Last night I went the Capital Ward's New Beginnings.  It was pouring rain and the weather kind of matched my mood, it felt a little gloomy...well not really, but I was apprehensive.  I got a new calling several weeks ago and I am trying to figure it out and I wasn't sure what to do , what to say, how to help.  Anyway, it was very nice.  They had some wonderful talks and my favorite part was at the end each of the YW stood up and said how they were like Jesus.  Each was heartfelt and sweet. They expressed their desires to do good, to be kind, helpful and loving.  They shared their love of art, good music, family and the gospel.  I left uplifted, much more so than I lifted I am sure.  On the way home I got to listen to conference talks from last Oct.  The rain was still pouring down but then it felt like a clean shower washing away the grim of the day.  I am so grateful for the gospel, for the love of the Savior, for my opportunities to serve, to grow, to learn, for the trust (largely undeserved) put in me to be a wife, mother, daughter, servant, leader, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment