Monday, March 19, 2012

spring

Ahh, Sunday Sunday. Thank goodness we only have one day of rest a week :)  Our day was a challenge.  Well mostly sacrament meeting was.  Lucy was a wreck.  She cried, complained, carried on, had to be drug out of the chapel, literally, twice, and ended up sitting in the foyer with me.  We put on quite the show...which was very embarrassing.  By the time you are 7 years old you can and should sit nicely for an hour and ten minutes.  She has been a real challenge lately.  She only wants to obey when there is a reward, for example: If you pick up your toys I will take you to the park.  Okay.  Or if you eat your dinner you can have ice cream.  Okay.  But if I just tell her to do something, even if it's something she has been doing all along like buckle up your seat belt in the car, or come help set the table or any number of other examples she refuses.  It is getting tiresome.  I am tired of rewarding, bribing, threatening, punishing...I am missing something, but what???

After sacrament, and after getting our little angel off to class I 'noticed' (since many people told me) that Michelle and I had the same dress on, which was super fun.  She is young and fun  so I felt complemented to have the same taste as she does.  I remember once when I was about 15 going to a stake dance and wearing the same dress as someone, the dress was purple and black large checks with a black belt and the someone was Lorena Michaels, and we were both aghast.  Now not so much.  Funny.

Our day ended well.  The Zawadas came over for dinner and R grilled some yumm-o burgers and we had a fun fun visit.  It was very relaxing.  It was a good friend weekend for us.
Unfortunately R was sick all night.  In the morning he got up and showered and got ready for work, had to run back to the pot (TMI) and got undressed and back in bed.  Poor guy.  A long night with the porcelain throne is no fun.  After sleeping in and me running to get some Imodium he felt better and spent the morning in the yard and then we went to the Front Porch for some delicious salads for lunch.  This will illustrate how off he really was...he forgot his wallet.  Embarrassing, for him not me, I didn't care.  So he had to run back home while I sat on the porch sipping my diet coke and listening to the music playing and enjoying the lovely lovely spring day. 

3 comments:

  1. I noticed some behavioural trials with all of my kids when they were 7- as well as many of my nieces and nephews. I really think it is that Satan knows a big decision is coming up and starts working on them. I have no suggestions other than natural consequences whenever possible. My sister used to pull her car over if her kids were unbuckled- and make them walk a mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh- and cute dress! Wish I could find some cute dresses, I am tired of my old ones-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dress--it is funny how our perspective changes, eh ; )

    Sorry about Lu. She'll be fine, it's just tough on the parents.

    Also sorry your hubby was sick--never fun. Looks like a great place to sit and relax and enjoy a meal together.

    ReplyDelete