Saturday, March 10, 2012

reading incentive

 So at the beginning of the year I found this cute incentive chart on pinterest and we had a family home evening and decided to read through the Book of Mormon (same as always :) ) and as we went we would earn little treats.  Well we have been meaning to go skating for a long time, it just hasn't fit into our schedule.  This weekend we had few plans for Saturday and none for Saturday night so we combined skating with "late night" for reading Enos and we were ready to go.  The kids each got to invite a friend.  Lu chose Maggie, Ethan chose Justin and Hannah asked Chelsea.  We had pizza and Hawaiian punch at our house then headed over to Leonard Hall to skate. 
 It was crowded and loud and reminded me of the many fun filled hours I spent at the skating rink as a kid.  I used to love to go roller skating.  Lu and Mags loved it the most and had to be dragged off the floor long after the others had given up.  Ethan and Justin met up with Daniel and they enjoyed skating until their feet started hurting.  Hannah didn't like it at all and quickly made Chels leave :( 
I didn't skate because I don't have skates and I hate the rentals but I enjoyed watching. I saw the usual assortment of skating patrons, lots and lots of tweens, a good number of teenage couples holding hands, 20 something roller derby girls practicing, cool boys, little kids zooming around and moms watching or skating plus a few dads.  It was fun watching Lu, she fell a lot but she also did really well and was skating around after a short time.  I was surprised how well she did.  It was a lot of fun.

After skate time was over we came home for popcorn and movie watching, the kids choose The Smurfs.    Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment